Polygon engineers, designs, manufactures, and tests all our composite bearings and wear materials.
- No grease means no greasing failures.
- No grease means no missed greasing schedules.
- No need for grease flushing.
- Your customers save hundreds of labor hours by eliminating greasing time.
Grease traps dirt
- Grease traps dirt, which grinds the pin and bore.
- PolyLube does not trap dirt, so it can exit the bore.
- Can be run without seals in some lightly contaminated environments.
- Proven record in construction and agriculture applications.
Simple assemblies lower costs
- No need for grease zerks or their machining.
- Greasing requires extra machining though bores or pins.
- Zerk nipples and other part costs are eliminated.
- Seals and their machining may be eliminated.
- Through-pin greasing can be eliminated.
- No retaining rings needed.
- Reduce ring costs and ring groove machining.
- PolyLube has excellent interference fit because the OD is high friction. Only the ID bore surface contains lubricants.
- No metal to rust or corrode.
- Excellent for use in submerged applications, including seawater.
- Resists a wide range of caustic conditions.
- Greaseless operation means no mixed lubricants or water contamination from leaked lubricants.
- Barely affected by temperature and moisture conditions.
- From the tropics to the Arctic, you won’t have worry about thermal expansion.
- PolyLube materials are not prone to water absorption and swelling like thermoplastic bearings.
Reduces total cost of operation
- Engineering gets simple assemblies and less machining cost/time
- Customer service and accounting gets reduced greasing warranty claims.
- Your customer gets less greasing time and the labor costs to perform it.
WHAT IS A COMPOSITE BEARING?
Polygon's bearings feature three distinct components:
- Continuous glass fibers
- Polymer resin
- PTFE liners
The fiberglass filament and epoxy resin combined form a very high strength backing. This precisely wound fiberglass structure allows for thin walled bearings (1/16" to 1/8"), reducing the size and weight of assemblies.
POLYGON COMPOSITE BEARING SPECIFICATIONS
|Ultimate compression strength||70,000 PSI||483 MPa|
|Unit load limit||30,000 PSI||207 MPa|
-325 to 475°F
|Coefficient of thermal expansion||4.8 x 10-6 in/in/°F||(8.6-12.6) x 10-6 m/mºC|
|Thermal conductivity||1.8-2.3 (BTU*in(hr*ft2*°F))||0.26 - 0.33 W/m*ºK|
|Water absorption (2 hours)||0.12%||0.12%|
|Water absorption (24 hours)||0.16%||0.16%|
|Specific gravity||1.87 - 1.95||1.87 - 1.95|
|Maximum Velocity||10 SFM||0.05 - 0.41 m/s|
|Material||Max. Dynamic Capacity-PSI
(less than 5 SFPM)
|Maximum Temp. °F||Thermal Expansion
|Reinforced DuPont™ Teflon||2,000||500||55||2.0|